Scientific And Numerical Miracles in Quran
Quran is the everlasting miracle challenging every generation and
proving that it can never be but the word of Allah (God Almighty). Quran
made an open challenge to all those who doubt it and claim that it is
not from Allah to bring any book like it, or even any ten chapters like
it’s 114 chapters, or even any one chapter like it’s chapters. In spite
all the efforts of all the enemies of Islam, nobody could come out with
anything at all like Quran. This itself should be enough to prove that
Quran is not from a human source, and it is from Allah.
The scientific miracles of Quran are countless, but we may take few of
them just as examples :-
1) In Sura Maryam, Verse 25 , Allah ordered Maryam when she was during
labor to shake the trunk of the palm tree so that fresh dates may fall
on her. He also ordered her to eat from the fresh dates and drink. The
medical scientists reached recently to the fact that woman during labor
needs a food material to make delivery easy, that material is found in
many foods, but best found in fresh dates among all foods in the world.
2) The movement of the earth is clearly mentioned in Quran (Sura 27,
Verse 88) bearing in mind that most of people in that time including
Europe till recently believed that earth was stable.
3) In Sura 20, Verse 30, Allah says ( Don’t disbelievers see that skies
and earth were attached then we detach them?). This Quranic fact was
confirmed by scientists on the advance of scientific research and it is
now admitted by scientists. The discovery of the Big Bang which was
announced few years back confirms this Quranic fact
4) The development of embryo is mentioned in miraculous way in Sura
Al-Mo’minoon, verses 12,13 and 14 giving the most accurate details which
was just revealed by scientists. A Canadian Professor announced after 15
years of research in embryology that he found his research results
stated in Quran which was revealed 1400 years ago. He confirmed that
Quran can never be from any human being and it is definitely from God.
5) In Al-Nahl (Honey Bee), Verse 69, Allah (swt) states that the honey
has cure for people. This Quranic fact is confirmed in hundreds of
scientific researches on honey. Today, there are scientific research
centers in USA specialized in honey and it’s benefits to cure every
The numerical miracles Of Quran are also countless, but we take just few
as examples :-
1) The mention of ( Hour ) came in Quran just 24 times, and ( Month)
came 12 times, while (day) came in Quran 365 times.
2) The mention of man came in Quran 24 times, exactly as the mention of
woman came in Quran 24 times.
3) The mention of (Aql) which means intellect came in Quran 49 times, as
the mention of (Noor) which means light 49 times.
4) People 368 times, as messengers 368 times. This means that whenever
there were people, there was a messenger and a message from God to guide
5) Tongue is mentioned in Quran 29 times, as talking is also 29 times.
6) Astray goers 17 times, as Dead persons 17 times, because going astray
is the real death.
7) Difficulty 114 times, as Patience 114.
8) Life 145, as Death 145.
9) Dunia which means this life, came in Quran 115 times, as Aakhirah
which means hereafter which also came 115 times.
10) Sins 180 times, as Good deeds 180 times.
11) Angels 88 times, as the devils 88 times.
12) Imam 12 times, successor 12 times, The Best Chosen by Allah
(Al-Mostafawn) 12 times, Most pious (Al-Abraar) 12 times, and Shia 12
times. You find (Firqa) which means a division came in Quran 72 times
which the number of divisions in Muslim Ummah away from the right path
of Islam as the total sects according to the Hadeeth is 73.
13) Adam 25 times, as Easa (Jesus) 25 times. Quran says that ( The
example of Easa with Allah is like the example of Adam ( 3:59).
14) Land and Sea are mentioned in Quran in 12 times for land and 41
times for sea, which is the exact ratio of land and sea on the globe
which was discovered just recently after advancement of sciences and
space photography of the globe.
Finally, I should state with full confidence that every word in Quran
has miracles which we may be able to discover some of it’s sides
according to our thinking and advancement of our knowledge, no matter
which language we understand, because Quran is the everlasting miracle
for all worlds, all times. More we think and research, more we discover,
though Quranic miracles are definitely endless.
Wassalamu alaikum wr wb