Hypocrisy is a state of the heart, which is expressed by double-faced actions.
1. They have a discrepancy in what they have in their heart & what is on their lips
2. Munafiq means “double faced”
3. They hide the truth
4. They are untruthful to others (Momins) and to themselves
5. They create fasaad, by saying one thing to one person and another to another person, neither of them being the truth
6. When they are questioned about their actions that are causing fasaad they say we are just reforming society/people, we are doing this for the good of society.
7. When they are asked to believe, have emaan, they say, “Do I look stupid”?
8. In front of the momin they say they are with them, but when they are with the Shaiyateen (with people like themselves or their leaders), they say we were just joking privately, we are not really with the Momins.
9. Their words and actions do not match
10. The are without wisdom and without understanding of reality and truth (Shaoor)
11. Hypocrites are present in all times
12. Though hypocrites say verbally that they believe in God, Allah disqualifies their emaan as they are only saying it only with their tongue, and not with their hearts they do this only to fool others.
13. In their privacy they make fun of the Momin
14. They prefer to keep their eyes closed rather than see the truth and see the right path.
15. Allah has given them rope to do what they want and they choose to stray further and further away form the right path.
16. They are restless and without peace even in this world and try to entertain themselves with worldly things
17. They live in a world of self deception
18. Due to their actions they create fasaad in the world and do not have the understanding that their words and actions are the cause of the fasaad.
19. When they are asked to have emaan they say are we stupid that we become stupid like the momin who loose everything (worldly) because of their emaan.
SUMMARY OF CHARACTERISTICS OF A MUNAFIQ
1. DOUBLE FACED
2. IN TWO BOATS
3. THEIR ACTIONS DO NOT CONFIRM WHAT THEY SAY
4. THEY FOOL PEOPLE
5. THEY PRACTICE SELF DECEEPTION
6. THEY LIE
7. LACK UNDERSTANDING OF THE TRUTH
8. CREATE FASSAAD BEHIND REFORM
9. THEY DO NOT HAVE A CONSCIENCE
10. THEY ARE STUPID
11. THEY ARE IGNORANT
12. DOUBLE STANDARD
13. IBNAL WAQT
14. CHANGE WITH WHOEVER THEY ARE WITH
15. TRY TO PLEASE EVERYONE
16. THEY MAKE FUN OF MOMINS (PRIVATELY)
17. BAY ASOOL (WITHOUT STANDARDS OF HONESTY & MORALS)
18. THEY DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE TIME ALLAH SWT HAS GIVEN THEM AND ARE MISUSING IT
19. BEY BASEERAT/THEY WANT TO LIVE IN IGNORANCE
20. THEY CHOOSE GUMRAHI(BEING LOST) INSTEAD OF GUIDANCE
21. THEY DELIBERATELY REMAIN AWAY FROM GUIDANCE